Rondell - Display images and other content in a nice way
Version 1.0.0 - Created by Sebastian Helzle
This is a jQuery plugin for displaying galeries
and other content the way you want.
Checkout the different presets in the upper menu!
Especially the Gallery and Thumbnails preset.
The rondell demos can be controlled with your keyboard,
by clicking the controls or by clicking the rondell items.
Touching items and swiping on a phone or tablet computer will work too!
The plugin has been tested with and should work fine with:
IE 7-9, Firefox 3.6+, Chrome, Safari 4+, Opera 11+
Licensed under the MIT license.
Download rondell now
$('.myContainer > .myItem').rondell([options][, callback]);
New and improved in this version
- New Integrated lightweight lightbox to reduce 3rd party lightbox difficulties
- Change Using grunt for building, compass for sass mixins and QUnit for testing
- FIX Blur and focus problems in IE
Click here to see changes in the last versions
- New Asynchronous image loading has been added and will be further improved in the next versions
- Change New optimized item rendering technique and refactoring for improved performance and flexibility
- Change CSS classes are now using hyphens instead of camelcase. Please check your custom styles!
- Change Preset 'products' is now called 'scroller'
- FIX Fancybox samples now show working navigation arrows and item title
- FIX Example for the 'size' option is now correct
- New awesome preset thumbgallery
which uses all the new options and features.
- New Integrated my standalone scrollbar plugin (beta) into the rondell.
See the options for setting it up.
- New Items absolute index as parameter for the animation functions.
- New Option cropThumbnails for image cropping to allow uniform size of thumbnails
- New Option switchIndices
which enables switching the index of the last and new focused items.
- New Option keyDelay
which sets minimum time between keypress events are registered.
- New Option wrapIndices
allowing to disable item index wrapping used in the carousels.
- New Opacity is now animated when hovering items.
- Change Improved performance
- Fix Bugfixes for items fading out or in
- Fix Disabled autorotation when rondell is not visible.
- Fix Horizontal mouse scroll event registering improved.
- Fix Wrong image sizes when rondell items are all images.
- New Added slider preset.
- New Added random start option.
- Change Improved some presets and themes.
- Fixed a bug in image size computations and improved performance.
- Moved more default options into presets.
- Improved dark theme text readability.
- New gallery example and preset.
- Mousewheel (x-axis) support allows you to traverse left and right in the rondell. (Requires the optional jQuery mousewheel plugin)
- Controls hide if autorotation is disabled and shifting is impossible. (See the products demo)
- Items are now displayed in the order you provide them.
- Starting item index is now customizeable by providing thecurrentLayeroption. (See the options)
- A size function to simulate a depth effect. (See the options)
- Presets for the plugins options which contain the necessary settings to setup the plugin
like the examples on this page.
- Themes are now included in the plugins css file to help you make your rondell look
like one of my examples.
- A callback when the plugin has finished loading. (See usage)
- Touch controls for mobile devices - Swipe left and right to move the rondell.
- Reliable image loading - The previous versions had sometimes problems getting the correct image sizes
for some browsers and configurations.
- And some minor fixes and code improvements.
- More themes
- CSS based controls
- CSS animations
- Full QUnit testsuite
- jQuery version 1.5.2 or better
- Modernizr for browser capability fallbacks.
The library is included in the pluginslib folder.
Feedback is welcome!
Please send me suggestions, ideas for improvement or anything else to [email protected] or @sebobo
Have fun and check out my other plugins
jQuery Rondell is powered by coffeescript, sass and jQuery.