|File Size:||226 KB|
|Official Website:||Go to website|
Pwstrength is a jQuery plugin works with Twitter's bootstrap for creating an animated bar attached to the password input filed to display a real-time Password Strength Meter.
- Beautiful and easy to use.
- Multiple instances on one page.
- Custom rules.
- Callback functions supported.
- Custom minimum password length.
- Password Strength Indicator with jQuery
- jQuery Password Strength Checker Plugin - pStrength
- Simple Password Strength Notification Plugin
- Naked Password Strength Plugin with jQuery
- Beautiful Password Strength Meter
- Simple jQuery Password Strength Indicator Plugin - passMeter
1. Load the CDN hosted Twitter's Bootstrap CSS in the head of your page.
<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="http://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.0.0/css/bootstrap.min.css" />
2. Markup html structure.
<form> <div class="form-group"> <input type="text" id="username" class="form-control" /> <input type="password" id="password" class="form-control" /> </div> </form>
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js"></script> <script src="pwstrength.js"></script>
4. Initialize the plugin with options.
5. All the options.
- Every rule can have associated error messages.
- Improve documentation.
- Fix typo in alphabetical sequence.
- Use the not minified version of the library in bower as main file.
- Listen also to the change and onpaste events, not only to the onkeyup.
- Show the lowest verdict when the score is below zero.
- New option to pass more input fields content to the zxcvbn library.
- Don't show the verdicts inside the popover if they are being showed inside the progressbar.
- Better Bower configuration.
- Pass also the verdict level to the "on key up" event handler.
- Add a basic usage section to the readme.
- Bower support.
- Pass the score and the verdict to the "on key up" event handler.
- Upgrade dev dependencies: grunt plugins and jquery
- Bugfix in sequences lookup
- New tests for sequences lookup
- Pass the username field content to the zxcvbn function, so zxcvbn takes it into consideration when scoring the password.
- Add a debug option, so the score gets printed in the JS console.
- Check reversed sequences too in the sequences rule.
- Fix the popover flickering.
- Separate source file in several smaller files.
- Add Grunt support for creating a bundle and a minified version.
- Add tests for the rules engine, and continuos integration with Travis.
- Complete refactor of the code. This is a cleaner version, easier to extend and mantain.
- Broke backwards compatibility. Bootstrap 3 is the default option now, other options default values have changed. Options structure has changed too.
- Old tests have been renamed to examples, which is what they really are. Leave room for real tests.
- Support popovers in Bootstrap 2 too
- Remove showVerdictsInitially option.
- Fix error message when the password contains the username.
- Check if the password is an email, and mark as weak.
- Add a container option, it will be used to look for the viewports.